Plaintiff: The Federal Public Prosecutor
Feta Alemu Demessa, Age 19
Address, Addis Ababa N/L/S/C, East Woreda 12
Summary of the charge
The defendant is accused of actively participating in the activities of a terrorist organization in contravention of Article 7/1 of the anti-terrorism Proclamation No. 652/2009.
Specific cases brought against the defendant
The defendant, after he was recruited as a member of the proscribed terrorist organization, the Oromo Liberation Front (OLF):
- He took part in illegal violent protests,
- He participate and conspire in clandestine meetings with other members of the OLF,
- He was found possessing numerous pictures that shows the activities of the OLF – in his cell phone .
List of evidences and exhibits
The prosecutor General presents 4 Police witnesses and 2 circumstantial witnesses
- Documentary evidences
- 6 pages confession statement provided to the police as per Article 27 (2) of Ethiopia’s Criminal Procedural Code by the defendant.
- 5 pages of pictures found on the defendant’s cell phone
1 Cell phone seized from the defendant upon an arrest.
- Real evidence
A Video CD that shows the pictures extracted from the defendants cell phone.
Please click here to download the charge in PDF (Amharic)