Dr. Rufael Dissasa’s name was mentioned by the Fana report yesterday along with Dr. Merera Gudina as eligible for release. Here is a short synopsis of the charges against Dr. Rufael.
በትላንትናው እለት ይፈታሉ ከተባሉት ውስጥ በወለጋ ዩኒቨርሲቲ መምህር የነበሩት ዶር ሩፋኤል ዲሳሳ ወረቡ አንዱ ናቸው። ለመሆኑ የክሳቸው ይዘት ምን ይመስላል?
Federal High Court
Lideta 19th Criminal Bench
Case – Terrorism related offense
Plaintiff – Federal Prosecutor
Defendant – Dr. Rufael Dissasa Worebu
The defendant is accused of violating Art. 7/1 of the 652/2009 Anti-Terrorism Proclamation (ATP).
Charge description in breif:
- The defendant worked to overthrow the constitutional order by force or violence by becoming a member of the terrorist organization Oromo Liberation Front (OLF)
- by communicating with another individual named Gezahegn Girma who lives in Sweden through WahtsApp;
- by creating an e-mail account from his work place in Wolega University dedicated for this purpose;
- by accepting documents via this email which detail the organizational principles of the OLF and intending to distribute these documents to different zones and woredas in Oromia.
- Unspecified pages of statement given by the defendant under police custody
- Contents of his email showing OLF organizational arrangements to be distributed to various zones and woredas in Oromia including documents showing OLF’s plans to end the slavery of the Oromo youth e.t.c
Eye witnesses present during e-mail search
1 – Amanuel Embza, Addis Ababa
2 – Tegot Abneh, Addis Ababa
Please Click here to see the aggregate table indicating File Name; No. of defendants; Case No; Federal Court Bench No; alleged affiliation of defendants to a suspected or designated terrorist organization; next court hearing schedule and the reason for adjournment of the next hearing. Dr. Rufael’s name is listed at NO. 27.